Monday, March 25, 2013

The Snowball Effect......

I have been going non-stop the last six days and my poor house looks like a bomb has gone of inside it.......outside too I must admit.   With the weather being nicer yesterday and today I have finally been able to get going on the bedroom set thats been stored under my deck for quite some time now.  I spent most of last week before and after work drilling new holes in all the drawers to change the hardware, filling and sanding, filling and sanding them......


I had plans for this dresser since I first scouted it and had planned to paint the whole thing white & do some aging in the router details.  This was firm in my head till I started using all my new ASCP products and all the endless possibilities.  Thats when I thought I had settle on Pure White for everything and Duck Egg in the router details.......Saturday morning I had a different inspiration and before I could change my mind again I got my brush moving.


Needless to say I decided to go fancier then I originally intended and it's taking me longer then expected.  Thought I would have all the painting done by today...........This is very typical of me, have an idea thats way more complicated and jump in without thinking of how much more time or effort its going to take and then get frustrated when it's taking longer then I think it should.  Sometimes I just have to step back, laugh at myself and remember that its a hobby meant to occupy my time and be an outlet for stress & creativity.  Deep breath, "Rome wasn't built in a day."

This piece has so far been a lot of fun, difficult and I can't wait to show you the finished project.  Its had its ups and downs and a life of its own in the sense of the direction and end result.  I hope you end up enjoying it as much as I have.

Sincerely,
Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment