Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Some days....

So after my extreme excitement going into yesterdays furniture roundup I have to let you know about my sudden plummet back down to this place we call earth.  My mom always taught me as I child not to count my chickens before they have hatched but sometimes its just way to hard not to get caught up in the excitement of things and the fact that other people don't always act or hold to the same values as you do.  Onto why I'm writing about all this; yesterday I drove an hour and a half out of town to meet and pick up the sideboard I posted a picture of in yesterdays post.  This involved borrowing the husbands truck, packing tie downs and a sheet to cover, refusing a shift at work and driving all the way out there to a scheduled time and pickup to show up and have the lady tell me she just sold it.......... At first I was in shock, "Who does that?" then came the anger, then the sadness of all the inspirations and ideas I had for this beautiful piece of furniture that I wasn't going to be able to fulfill.  So I stopped at A and W and ate my sorrow away in a large onion rings instead.  Upon arriving home to pick up my husband and trailer to head out of town an hour in the other direction for more furniture he greeted me with Tim Hortons (smart man!) and put it in perspective for me that this probably isn't going to be the only time this happens to me if I keep on with this hobby.  Hate it when he's right!

The day wasn't a total bust though and I can't wait to figure out my plans for my stunning dining room set!

Pictures of the furniture will have to wait, my sidekick for the day will have to do....



Sincerely,
Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment