Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Labour of Love Revisited......

After all the research, time and money on product I spent with my wallpapered coffee and end tables I still hummed and hawed over the strength of the finish and if I was comfortable with the durability.  I decided it wasn't enough and set forth to make it stronger.  Now I was worried about a reaction with products so I set myself up a little test piece of wood and went through the whole process again......


You got it; two coats of the spray on the wallpaper before adhering to the wood, adhering then two coats of Modg Podge on top followed by two more coats of the spray sealant.  This alone took hours to complete with the dry time for all the layers.  Once I got this far and let everything set up for a couple days I did two more coats of Varathane on top.  I was most worried about a reaction from the Modg Podge products with the Varathane.  Nothing noticable instantly or after a few hours I went to work and ten hours later nothing adverse........I waited over a week to make sure there wouldn't be any adverse reactions and am happy to say there wasn't!  So off I went to the tables themselves and did another two coats of Varathane on top and am finally happy with the end result and can feel good sending these off to their new home knowing they are durable with a strong washable surface.  There going to look great in their new home and brighten up Karen's living room along with the rustic cabinet she just couldn't leave without.



Sincerely,
Sasha

No comments:

Post a Comment