Friday, June 7, 2013

Can I Please Keep Them........

I've been pretty good with not getting overly attached to the pieces I bring home to refinish but these side/end tables have just stolen my heart, especially since their turquoise.  You would never know by looking at my house but I have a huge love for anything and everything turquoise, unfortunately my husband doesn't quite share the same love.  Needless to say if I can find somewhere to put these beauties before they end up selling they are staying with me!


I've been desperately waiting to use my ASCP colour Provence and when these tables came up I just couldn't resist.


I did one coat and ended up finding it to much and just wasn't working for me.  So I did a custom Old White and Pure White mix and decided to do a white wash overtop.  As I was going along I ended up finding a new white washing technique that ended up doing my distressing for me and the overall look of it turned out to be perfect.


I just love the before and after, especially those gorgeous huge wood knobs!  I was going to paint them to match but quickly changed my mind after holding it up to a finished drawer.  So glad I didn't, it just ties it all in and finishes it so nicely.



 




These beauties are for sale on my Facebook page, stop by and see my other current listings.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Finding-the-Chic-in-Shabby/495169327210303

Sincerely,
Sasha

2 comments:

  1. These are so pretty, love the color!!
    Me too, I love turquoise,I especially like Caribbean Blue from FAT Paint and I've done 2 dressers in that color last month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much! Loved checking out your blog, inspired me to finally do some stencilling on my next project, have the perfect side table for it. So far I'm only using ASCP, I'll have to check out FAT paint now. Love the project you did with the blue picking out from under the white on that coffee table!

      Delete